Any Harry Potter fans in the house? I had the pleasure of visiting Hogwarts over the weekend for a super special surprise trip with Mr. C. I can’t wait to show you pictures later this week! However, first I owe you a tutorial! I wanted to show you how I changed up my green vases (urns?) for spring. I managed to use them in my winter and spring mantel so maybe I’ll start a trend and keep changing them up per the season.
- a vase or urn that is narrow at the top
- two sprigs of spring flowers
- a roll of burlap (from the floral aisle at Michael’s)
- wire cutters or scissors
- Arrange the sticks in the vase.
- Cut off about 8 inches of burlap or just enough to go around your vase.
- Wrap it around the vase and secure in the back with a safety pin.
- Tie the ribbon around the vase. A bow or simple knot – whatever floats your boat.
- Cut off the extra at the bottom of the flower stem.
- Wrap the flower around the neck of the vase. It is wire so it will bend easily.
- Let the end trail off to the side for interest.
- It will probably still be too long so cut it off at the top where you deem appropriate.
I’m also entering the burlap challenge over at The CSI Project. Check out all the burlap fun!