I can feel summer just around the corner. Maybe it is the 90 degree heat but it just seems like the “mood” of summer has arrived. It gets really hot here in NC but I love this time of year. I’ll be tired of it by September but for now it is exciting to trade coats & jackets for sunscreen and bathing suits.
I had fun creating my summer mantel! I tried to go less symmetrical this time which is hard for me but I feel like it worked. I’m excited about it because it is a different look for me.
- The sticks are bundled in burlap & tied with a ribbon. I stuck a hydrangea piece in there for kicks.
- The lantern is Ikea and was from my bookcase in the kitchen.
- The hanging “thing” is reclaimed driftwood that I got from HomeGoods. It was in the clearance section and I got it from $2. I had no idea what it was when I bought it – it just looked beachy!
- The vase I already had but it has shells on a rope also from the HomeGoods clearance section for $2. Some of the shells are broken but it didn’t matter since I put them in a vase!
- The candleholders are holding sand that I theived from my daughter’s sand table.
- The photograph I bought at a fair years ago. I have always loved it! The frame I already had.
- The watering can & hydrangeas were from Michael’s – 40% off of course!
I have to tell you I had trouble with this one at first! I am drawn to really bright colors for summer that don’t really mesh with my living room. However, I think I managed to get the look I wanted and blend at the same time. I was so tempted to use the things from my desk makeover because it has a strong beachy vibe. I resisted though!
Go check out Layla‘s Summer Mantel party! Mantel parties are my favorite in blogland.