Mickey Mouse was in the house last weekend for Reid’s 2nd birthday party. It was a family shindig with both sides represented. The theme stemmed from our recent trip to Disney World. Because of Blissdom, I really didn’t start planning or prep until six days before. Each night I crafted while watching TV. Everything was homemade because I didn’t have enough time to order anything. This was our first party in the new house!
- The signs were made using stencils from Michael’s. I’m the only blogger who doesn’t own a Silhouette machine! My generous sister helped with the signage.
- I made the wreath using tissue paper and styrofoam. I will probably do a post on that one!
- I made the favor tray using spray paint and styrofoam.
- I made the graphic “We Love Reid” in Picnik. Poop on Picnik for shutting down in April.
- I made the invitation in Picnik using fancy collages.
- The favors are Rice Krispie treats cut out with a Mickey Mouse cookie cutter, dipped in chocolate, and placed on a stick with plastic wrap and a ribbon bow.
- Chocolate dipped marshmallows and pretzels added to our medley of chocolate. Reid is a big fan.
- The Mickey shaped bowls are from Target.
- The paper lanterns are from Hobby Lobby.
- I made the cake and cupcakes. The cake was not so pretty but tasty. I used two regular round cake pans and then cut the ears from one. I am not a cake artist at all. The cupcakes were my best looking yet!
- Jelly beans and M&Ms were a fun addition to the decor.
Either way, a fun time was had by all so I think that spells party success.